This weekend's movie was The Woodcarver. I was super excited to see this one because I love John Ratzenberger and he was one of the main stars. Ratzenberger didn't disappoint! This was a great family friendly movie. It had themes of doing the right thing, mending broken families and trusting in God. It is a second installment in the WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) movies series. I love how the young boy who was troubled in the beginning turns his life around and becomes a respectable young man.
Matthew Stevenson is a troubled kid from a broken home. When he vandalizes the local church to get back at his parents, Matthew has to repair the damage to the church to avoid criminal charges. While working at the church, he meets Ernest (John Ratzenberger), an accomplished wood carver who created the intricate woodwork decoration that Matthew destroyed. Ernest has become something of a hermit, but reluctantly comes out of reclusion to help repair the church. Now Ernest and Matthew must work together to preserve the church's beautiful antiquity, and along the way, they also manage to restore their faith in God and in life.
Thank you for everyone that took time to enter. The winner was chosen using random.org and has been emailed. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
(Please Leave A Valid Email Address)
What is your favorite Movie snack?
To receive these extra entries, you must do the MANDATORY entry:
- Share this contest on your facebook page and post the link here. This can be done once daily.
- Tweet about the giveaway (can be done daily)
- Follow As They Grow Up on Twitter
- Add As They Grow Up Button to your blog and leave a link so that I can find it
- Add As They Grow Up to your Blogroll (2 entries)
- Follow My Blog (See sidebar)
- Become a fan of As They Grow Up on Facebook
- Subscribe to As They Grow Up Via Email (Be sure to VERIFY your subscription)
- Comment on a non-giveaway post and let me know which one(s)