Orange Sherbet is due to release their latest CD Delicious on May 15th. I had a chance to preview this album and it is adorable. The songs are all about about FOOD! What could be better! The lyrics mix and mingle different foods making it a feast for your ears! The songs are sorta a jazzy mellow which is great for a car ride when you just want some relaxing quiet. My personal favorite song was Rice & Beans and I agree with the lyrics "Food for the soul" and the catchy tune will have you singing it all day long. I personally love the mix of female and male voices as well as the different instruments.
Delicious encourages adventurous eating as it moves happily through the seasons of the year, with songs ranging from the jazz-influenced title track exploring the many flavors of food to a rock anthem in praise of waffles! Other highlights include “Farmers’ Market,” in which folk and rock combine with a dash of pop and a pinch of gospel, and “Chase That Pig,” where opera meets Zydeco. There’s even a nod to Santana in the Latin infused “Rice and Beans,” a song that is also a Puerto Rican recipe taught to Steve by Tamsen’s husband, Eduardo. The album’s finale, the “Garden Song,” was inspired by the simplicity of Kaulana Kanekoa and Vince Esquire’s version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” with just three voices and ukulele, recorded live.
You can purchase Orange Sherbet's Delicious when it releases on May 15th on their website OrangeSherbet.org or find them on Amazon.
(Please Leave A Valid Email Address)
Visit Orange Sherbet's website and come back and tell me one thing you learned there.
To receive these extra entries, you must do the MANDATORY entry:
- Share this contest on your Facebook page and post the link here. This can be done once daily.
- Tweet about the giveaway (can be done daily)
- Follow As They Grow Up on Twitter
- Add As They Grow Up Button to your blog and leave a link so that I can find it
- Add As They Grow Up to your Blogroll (2 entries)
- Follow My Blog (See sidebar)
- Become a fan of As They Grow Up on Facebook
- Subscribe to As They Grow Up Via Email (Be sure to VERIFY your subscription)
- Comment on a non-giveaway post and let me know which one(s)