The Vow traces actual events from the 1990s, when Kim and Krickitt Carpenter met, fell in love and married. Just 10 weeks later, the couple survived a terrible car wreck with Krickitt awakening in the hospital married to a stranger. The accident had claimed 18 months of her memories, including all recollection of Kim.
With Kim committed to his marriage vows and Krickitt maintaining her strong Christian faith, even if recent memories were gone, the couple began the long road to a rebuilt relationship, choosing to fall in love again and capping that with a second wedding ceremony and renewal of their vows almost three years later.
This is a great book. I think this should be on every engaged couples' required reading list. Frankly most people don't realize how hard marriage will be and the commitment they are jumping into. When you stand before God and your family and friends you are saying you are in this for the long run. It is a real commitment and not something to be taken lightly. This book inspired me to focus on my vows I made when I married twelve years ago and re-commit to them.
(Please Leave A Valid Email Address)
Why would you like to win this book?
To receive these extra entries, you must do the MANDATORY entry:
- Share this contest on your facebook page and post the link here. This can be done once daily.
- Tweet about the giveaway (can be done daily)
- Follow As They Grow Up on Twitter
- Add As They Grow Up Button to your blog and leave a link so that I can find it
- Add As They Grow Up to your Blogroll (2 entries)
- Follow My Blog (See sidebar)
- Become a fan of As They Grow Up on Facebook
- Subscribe to As They Grow Up Via Email (Be sure to VERIFY your subscription)
- Comment on a non-giveaway post and let me know which one(s)