We recently got the opportunity to try out an awesome cup from Silikids. Silikids was founded in 2006 by two friends who were also mothers naturally concerened about toxic materials in children's products. Silikids is a children's accessory company that is dedicated to making safe, clean and hygienic products out of silicone. Although there are several companies that make silicone products for children, Silikids is the first company to introduce silicone sleeves for glass bottles. Silikids also offers silicone knee pads for crawling little ones as well as glass sleeves for baby food jars and adult glasses.
Siliskin Glass 6oz in lime green. As the name suggests, this cup is glass with a BPA free silicone cover. Glass is known as the cleanest option for drinking and is a great alternative to plastic drink-ware. This cup is small enough for toddlers to easily hold and the Siliskin makes it easy to grip as well as provide protection to the glass itself. The Siliskin Glass 6oz comes in a four pack and can be purchased at www.silikids.com for $25.95.
I will be honest, I was a little reluctant to put this glass in the hands of my fourteen month old. I sat her in the highchair with the cup barely filled with some milk. I stood closely just waiting for a disaster to happen since flinging her cups off the side of the highchair is not an uncommon occurrence. The first couple of sips I guided her and "helped" but was truly amazed at how well she did thereafter. Here is a little video of her drinking out of her big girl cup! We will still use her sippy cup while we are out and about but while we are at home the Siliskin Glass is going to be our go to cup. Here is a short video of her using the Siliskin Glass.
(Please Leave A Valid Email Address)
Visit Silikids and come back here and tell me which product(s) you like best
To receive these extra entries, you must do the MANDATORY entry:
- Like Silikids on Facebook for news and updates
- Share this contest on your Facebook page and post the link here. This can be done once daily.
- Tweet about the giveaway (can be done daily)
- Follow As They Grow Up on Twitter
- Add As They Grow Up Button to your blog and leave a link so that I can find it
- Add As They Grow Up to your Blogroll (2 entries)
- Become a fan of As They Grow Up on Facebook
- Subscribe to As They Grow Up Via Email (Be sure to VERIFY your subscription)
- Comment on a non-giveaway post and let me know which one(s)
This is solely the opinion of As They Grow Up. Other people may have different experiences with the product.Thank you to Silikids for providing a product to test.