Seventh Generation needs your help making our nation’s outdated chemical law tougher, in order to make the world safer for our children. To do this, they have created a site called Million Baby Crawl to help educate and empower parents to raise their voices for stronger standards on toxic chemicals.
Did you know that:
- In the 33 years since Congress passed that nation’s chemical regulatory law, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TCSA), the Environmental Protection Agency has required testing on just 200 of the more than 80,000 chemical compounds developed for products used in the home.
- Under the current law, the EPA does not have the authority to demand the information it needs to evaluate a chemical’s risk, and neither manufacturers nor the EPA are required to prove a chemical’s safety as a condition of use.
- 1.25 million kids younger than six are unintentionally poisoned in the home each year by things like cosmetics and personal care products, cleaning substances, pain relievers and cough and cold medicines (American Association of Poison Control Centers)
- Studies show that nearly 200 industrial chemicals and pollutants have been found in the umbilical cord blood of newborns (EWG).
• Ruby Grapefruit & Herb Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
• Green Mandarin & Leaf Natural All-Purpose Cleaner
• Emerald Cypress & Fir Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner
• Green Mandarin & Leaf Shower Cleaner
• Emerald Cypress & Fir Tub & Tile Cleaner
• Wild Orange & Cedar Spice Kitchen Cleaner
• 2 rolls of Natural Paper Towels
• Seventh Generation tote
Visit MillionBabyCrawl then come back here and tell me what you have learned!
Thank you to everyone that took time to enter the giveaway. Random.org picked #72 as the winner:
72. Idaho Jill said...
October 26, 2009 11:18 AM
email subscriber, thanks
One winner will be chosen ! I will be using a random number generator to select the winner. Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on November 5,2009. If the prize is not claimed in 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.Contest open to U.S. residents only.The winner will be announced in this post(and emailed).